A short navigation in 2017 showed that a number of improvements needed to be made on the boat.
But first, I want to talk about what has been done recently and in general the conclusions from the past navigation:
- Fixed and improved the trolley for the sailboat. Some pipes of the cart rusted to such a state that they didn’t want to touch the cart with the sailboat at all - the cart could crack and collapse. Digested pipes, changed the wheels. We added two supports on the sides in front, so that it would be more reliable even if the front wheel was flattened. Painted. When the boat was raised, it took 8 people to pull it on a cart. Still, larger wheels would create less rolling resistance, but that's what it is.
- The electric motor was tested and the propeller shaft was damaged :) Regarding the first one - no complaints, everything worked like clockwork. The propeller shaft bent due to the fact that the thrust bearing broke and the shaft began to walk back and forth in the stern tube. The side load from the gear belt did its job and vibrations appeared due to the bending of the shaft. But even so, the electric motor pulled the boat well and did not complain about its hard life) A few more words about what I liked about the engine: if you block the shaft at full speed, the motor will not break. It may burn out ifpress the gas for a few minutes. But still, the fact that it does not break from a sharp lock simplifies the propulsion system - no need to make a safety key.
- The TV in the nose was a little less than completely useless. I will clean up. Maxim once campaigned to install it, and I fell for persuasion. It would be better if I was so persuaded by those who have been sailing for a long time - you can hear really good advice from them.
- One battery 48V, 75Ah is rather weak for day trips under the motor. I managed to do the second one by the end of the navigation - I didn’t have time to connect two at once. Not convenient that the screen on the battery is not removable. Running to the cabin to look at the remaining charge is not convenient.
- There is not enough running awning in the cockpit for yourself and for passengers to ride.
- The height in the cabin is not enough. Especially when it’s raining, you don’t want to climb outside, but inside you can stretch out only lying down. In addition, the ceiling near the sliding sunroof drips when it rains.
- A small gas stove very quickly outgrows 450 gram gas bylons. Really grabs 1 bottle for 1 day.
- The top shroud on the port side flew out on the move from the attachment to the shroud putens (not critical, the middle shroud held the mast even with a full mainsail and strong wind, from which the edge of the deck went into the water)
- Sometimes there was not enough latrine - they did not have time to connect it.
- They didn’t try the bow water tank, they also didn’t have time to connect it. He would save some money on buying water in the supermarket (next to the boat in Kherson you can get clean water for free)
- Temporary tiller to hell. Not comfortable yet and bent.
- The running rigging turned out to be very good, especially when I completed the stopper for the boom sheet and redid the line for the mainsheet chasing. Blocks on springs are very convenient.
- The anti-fouling works great - there is not even a hint of fouling on it.
- The locker in front of the cabin is rarely open (because people constantly walk there) and inside the air becomes humid, which can cause the formation of fungus.
Now about what is planned to be done.
- Lower the payolas by 10 cm. By the way, this has already been done, but there are no final photos yet.
- Raise the ceiling in the cabin. A gamble, it was possible not to do this, but since A said in the fall, then B should also be said. The ceiling will rise by 10 cm, while its upper part will be where the central solar panel is now. In this case, the solar panel will be removed completely (maybe instead of it I will put a flexible socket of the same power, the thickness of the flexible panel is 10 times less) In the photo, the foam is a block for gluing with fiberglass.
- Add a roller for the anchor end so that the chain does not rub against the stopper.
- Align the shaft line and put the motor without reduction with a belt directly onto the shaft.
- Add a watertight bulkhead between the cockpit compartment and the cabin (just behind the engine).
- Make a normal tiller.
- Add a water fairing to the anchor box drain hole. Apply the name and number normally.
- Put cup holders in the cockpit and a pouch for phones.
- Put covers on the fenders.
- Power the on-board electronics from running batteries through a DC-DC converter. Charge running batteries from solar panels through the MPPT controller.
- Change the stern solar panels to 2 x 200W and the mount for them (this is already enough time).
- Make ventilation for the locker before entering the cabin.