Folding dinghy Porta-Bote
In this article, I tried to reveal the strengths and weaknesses of this boat :)
The Porta-Bote is more suitable as a utility boat than a dinghy. Its bulletproof design would be useful for hauling large loads, but it's quite heavy and awkward to haul on board and requires quite a lot of space - and strength - to assemble or disassemble and stow.
- Very durable
- Simple and convenient for transporting cargo / people (it is convenient to carry canisters, gas cylinders, food, building materials for a boat, etc.)
- Stable at rest and on the go
- Durable design (there is an experience of 4 years of operation and during this time without any problems)
- Good UV resistance of the tropics
- Very heavy
- Weak oarlocks
- Difficult to assemble / disassemble
The build process looks something like this:
The boat is suitable for outboard engines up to 6 hp.
There are 2 versions of the boat: 10 feet and 8 feet long. Overall, the 10ft version is better and more comfortable.
Options for placing a folded boat on board:
Another disadvantage is that it is quite expensive.